Monday, January 20, 2014

Tuna Melts at 4 Points each




I got this recipe from Weight Watchers, or one of their books I bought, from when I was a member back in the early 2000s.  It's very Filling when you have two for 8 points too.  I have never found a 6-oz can of tuna, as all available to me here come in 5-oz. cans.  I just go with the listed 4 points however despite that.

To separate the fixings into 4 equal parts, I use a small food storage container to mix it up, then pack it down, and using a knife I then divide into four.  As you can see below, I already scooped out my two servings for lunch today.


I've also frozen the individual servings at this point for a more grab-and-go approach.  The liquids separate a tad when defrosting, but a quick stir Fixes it back up.

Ingredients:

1 6-oz. can albacore tuna in water, drained
1/4 c. chopped fresh celery
3 tbsp. light mayonnaise
1 tbsp. sweet pickle relish
4 tomato slices
4 3/4-oz. slices fat-free American processed cheese
2 English muffins, split and pre-toasted in a toaster

Toast your muffin halves first in a toaster.  Combine tuna, celery, mayo, and pickle relish in a bowl.  Place muffin halves on a baking sheet with cut sides up and scoop 1/4 of the tuna mixture into each muffin.  Top with a tomato slice followed by a cheese slice.  Broil for 2 minutes or until cheese melts (or around 8 minutes if you like a little char to your cheese like me as pictured above.)

Place on a bed of lettuce if you wish.

Yields 4 servings (each muffin half is a serving).

Points: 4 points

182 calories, 15.9 g protein, 4.8 g fat, 18.7 g carb,  0.9 fiber, 18 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...