Thursday, January 30, 2014

Flavorful Find - 4 Weight Watcher Points for Half the Package




I Found this in the grocery store on sale and decided to give it a try.  I like lentils and this was pretty good.  It's loaded with protein and dietary fiber at 10 grams and 7 grams per serving respectively for only 4 Weight Watcher Points per serving (2 servings per package).

The package says you can use it as a taco topping, in stuffed bell peppers, party dips, meatloaf, serve with flatbreads, toss with noodles, swirl into soup, serve as a side dish, jazz up salads, sprice up rice dishes.

I'm thinking I'll be trying it in some tacos or a taco salad tomorrow.  To heat, you just pop it into the microwave (with the edge torn open) for 90 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...