Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"Honey, Remember When....?"

So I joined a Diet Bet at the beginning of the month.  Actually, two of them.  I had to put aside my horror at having to provide somebody O-N-L-I-N-E photo proof of my weight, which was me standing on a scale in what they refer to as "airport security attire."  Eeek.  What was worse than that?  It was asking my hubby to take that picture for me since we have a doctor's scale.

I told him he had to stand as far back as possible in the laundry room where we would be doing this and I would zoom in on the picture later so the judges could see the weight.  He sighed and said, "Babe, I S-E-E you."  That was to let me know that I could not hide from my Fatness.

So here's the Funny part.  I said, "Honey, I know you S-E-E me, but remember when I weighed 150 and you always guessed me at about 120 and never believed me?  Yeah, I'm kinda hoping we're still there."  We both cracked up.

I asked him what he would guess I weighed in that moment, and he guessed I weighed 0.75 pounds HEAVIER but still pretty darned accurate.

Okay, so that handy little optical illusion I used to present was no longer. Sigh.  Getting old rots, but being married to your best Friend rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...