Sunday, January 26, 2014

Almond-Coconut Smoothie for 5.5 or 6.5 Weight Watchers Points - Good for Meal Skippers



This is another smoothie great for meal skippers.  In Fact, I seem to be doing better drinking two such-style smoothies a day in lieu of breakfast and lunch.  It is better than skipping altogether, as is my usual habit when I'm in a rush with too much to do.

This one is a little less thick, so if you like a truly frozen and thick smoothie to eat on a spoon, I would recommend freezing the 1/2 banana, spinach, and almond butter overnight prior, and try freezing half of the almond milk as well, then adding the remainder of almond milk in at blending time.

I also choose to add spinach to mine, because why not?!  You can't taste it and it helps gets those veggie servings down.

Ingredients: 

1/2 banana (abaout 2 oz.) for 1 point
2/3 cup vanilla almond milk (or FF milk) for 1 point (or chocolate for 1 more-total of 2)
1 Tablespoon shredded coconut (I keep mine in the freezer) for 1 point
1 Tablespoon almond butter for 2.5 points
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract for 0 points (or almond or coconut extracts)

Remember....spinach is 0 points too.

I wanted to try it with 1/8 tsp. of coconut extract too, but I'm Fresh out of it right now.

As a side note, this post took me an hour to get up with constant interruptions from my jabberjaws 8-year-old and my daughter's Fill-you-in play-by-play after returning from a Friend's house as I was trying to add labels.  And....I type 110 words per minute!

Fast Tip:  Freeze your banana and almond butter on a cookie sheet. I just put my nut butter on top of the banana. Sometimes they tip over, sometimes not, but either way, they Freeze together.  When Frozen, place in a baggie and add the tablespoon of coconut, then seal it up so it's ready to grab and go. 

Here are my Frozen ingredients minus the spinach that I now add regularly:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...