Friday, January 24, 2014

Southwestern Grilled Tilapia at 2.25 Points per 4 Ounces



This recipe makes plain Tilapia very Flavorful with a little bit of a kick via the jalapeno pepper slices.   It is only 2.25 Weight Watcher points for me.  The only item in the topping with any points is the brown sugar, which is 1 point, so divided by 4, it comes out to 0.25 points.  I will type the recipe as it came to me, but in the winter I just grill this on my indoor electric grill that cooks from both top and bottom without the foil for about 5 minutes.

I am not a Fish girl, but I like this.  When I was on NutriSystem, I would eat this as one of my PowerFuels.

Ingredients:

1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
2 tsp. Mexican chili powder (I use regular chili powder)
1/2 tsp. grated lime peel
1/4 tsp. onion salt
4 (4-oz.) tilapia filets (1 pound)
1 jalapeno ppper, seeded and sliced (wear gloves)

Preheat grill to medium, about 300 degrees F. In a small bowl combine the first four ingredients listed, which makes up the topping.  Cut heavy-duty foil into sheets slightly larger than each filet and cut two 3-1/2" slits in each foil center. Coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray.

Pat fish dry with paper towels.  Place one filet on each foil sheet and sprinkle each filet with the topping, dividing as evenly as possible over fish and pressing lightly. Top with jalapeno slices. Place foil sheets on grill and grill for 6-8 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. 

Serves 4
Points 2.25 per 4-ounce serving.

110 calories, 1 g fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 21 g protein, 0 g Omega 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...