Monday, September 23, 2013

Weekly Weigh In - Week 3

I didn't lose and I didn't gain.  I maintained, which is a plus.  I've been sick for 4 days now and haven't felt like eating or preparing food in any way, shape, or form.  It is what it is right now. 

I've taken in a lot of orange juice, which happens to be Freakin' delicious for some reason right now, but overall, not enough intake I guess to promote a loss.

My poor husband's birthday was this weekend.  I tried to make him his favorite pie, pumpkin pie, instead of cake and ice cream.  As I was putting the overly full pie shells into the oven, ever so gingerly, trying to balance them, I burned my finger and spilled quite a bit all over the inside of the oven and door in that painful, jerk-your-hand-away-from-heat moment where it registers in your brain you just burned yourself.  Then, as I was trying to remove the pies, the top rack hit the bottom pie and mangled it pretty good, which just topped off the overly darkened edges due to the spill.

He knew something was up and appreciated my mangled attempts when the detail-oriented me left the plastic on the sweet husband card I picked out that clearly said "Remove Plastic", but especially so now that he's getting it. lol

Has anybody else ever been successful at losing weight, any weight, if even a single pound, during illness and how? I'm just not going to worry about it right now but am curious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...