Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekly Weigh In - Week 2

Two pounds down this week.  Not as good as last week, but it's a loss.  The weight usually falls off quicker in the first few weeks.  It's kind of like that old saying "The bigger you are, the harder you fall."  Well, the bigger you are, the more weight you lose at a faster rate. 

Never be disappointed about a loss.  Do yourself a favor and find something of equal weight to your loss and hold it in your hand, then if possible find more things that add up to your total loss if you're feeling discouraged.  It's amazing how big it looks when it's sitting in your hand and envision it falling off of a single part of your body. ;)  It's how I encourage myself.

My challenges this week were dinners with the family and trying to eat without journaling.  I tried the MyFitnessPal.com site, but I found it too time consuming to create meals.  It's quicker for me to just journal on paper.   I slept in a few days and that messed up how much time was left in the day to eat all my required food.  A couple of days I didn't meet my allotted points.

One thing I considered a huge victory this week was having delicious and huge frosted cinnamon rolls in the house.  I'll admit to licking the frosting off the knife after I cut them up, but I'm proud to share that I didn't eat a single bite of those delicious thangs!

What do you do to keep yourself encouraged?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...