Thursday, September 5, 2013

Family Friendly Sweet Snacking Sandwich for 3 Weight Watchers Points

F Words: Family Friendly

Tonight I made a "Sweet Snacking Sandwich" that I got from an old Weight Watchers recipe book I bought.  Probably about 12 years ago or so.  The points came out to 3 points per serving for me, but I'll include the nutrition information so you can figure your points in the event you use the new plan.  

I like this for a more healthful snack for my kids.  Because they are not dieting, I embellished their servings just a tad with Nutella and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. 

Here is the kid's version:  



 ....and here is my diet-friendly version:




Recipe for the dieting version is as follows (easy peasy!):

1 banana
1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 oz. nonfat cream cheese
2 cinnamon-raisin English muffins, split and toasted
4 ripe strawberries, thinly sliced

(you can substitute peach, mango, pineapple, or kiwi for the strawberries or cinnamon-raisin bread-toasted-for the muffins)


  1. Combine 1/2 of the banana, the ricotta, and the cream cheese in a blender. Whirl just until smooth.  Thinly slice the remaining banana half. 
  2. Spread the banana mixture evenly over the toasted muffin halves.  Top with overlapping slices of the fruit. 


Per Serving (not including Nutella or powdered sugar)  (1 open sandwich=serving size): 142 cals, 2g total fat, 1g sat fat, 5mg chol, 187 mg sodium, 26g total carb, 2g fiber, 6g protein, 106 mg calcium.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...