Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Official Start Day!

School started today, so I spent the half day alone getting my ducks in a row.  I'm recreating a journal-style notebook like I used to use when doing Weight Watchers.





Today I weighed in at 222 pounds.  I ended my dieting round last fall 14 pounds lighter.  I'm going to look at the positive and focus on the fact that I'm still 8 pounds lighter than when I started that adventure following no plan and drinking too much pop.  I weigh only 1/4 pound more than I did in May 2012 too.  No need to beat myself up now.

As you can see in my journal, I like to see what the calories and cholesterol contents are specifically.  It is no coincidence that when I'm on plan, that the calories and cholesterol totals are reasonable. It's kind of pointless to write them down, so I don't always, but when I do, it's actually more positive reinforcement that I'm getting healthier.  It also reminds me that this is not only about the number on the scale. Fit is the operative F word on this journey for me.

For breakfast, I had a banana bread mini muffin and some orange juice (Have never been a big breakfast girl).  For lunch, I had about 3/4 cup of Lentil soup and a lite string cheese stick with a bottle of water.  For a mid-afternoon snack I had a couple ounces of roasted chicken (after discovering the middle of my apple was somehow brown and squishy), and for dinner a turkey burger and salad.  I didn't track my points, but it's a good start.

I plan to weigh in weekly on Mondays to ensure I do so at the same time of day each week before school.  I will do so only with my hair dry and in a T-shirt. ;) 

What technique or system do you use to keep you on track?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...