Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tuscan Chicken with Fettuccine Weight Watcher recipe for 8 Points


I go through my neighborhood sifting through people's recycle bins for coupon inserts that I donate to the military, but on one trip last summer, I scored someone's discarded old Weight Watcher recipe book for 15-minute meals.  Her loss and my gain, or vice versa, depending on how you look at it I suppose.  It had Core points listed, and I think that was before I ever waded into the Weight Watcher pool.

This is two combined recipes, so there will be two parts below.

I had to run an errand with my daughter tonight and presented the recipes to Mr. F and asked him if he thought he could cook that up while we were out.  He gave it his best shot and it was yummy.  (I just asked him if he added the Parmesan cheese or butter to the Fettuccine, and he Forgot both!  Probably would've been even better had he or I remembered that part!) I WILL NEVER complain when he cooks for me because it just never happens! I'll take it.

He cooked waaaay too much pasta, not noticing it called for 9 ounces of it, so I did the 1/2-cup measure scoop to grab mine.  Next time I will measure out my pasta serving to ensure I have enough, and I'll keep searching for the spinach Fettuccine that I could not find on my last shopping trip. 

I will make this again.  Only 3 of the 5 of us were willing to try it.

Tuscan Chicken Ingredients:

4 (6-oz.) skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 pint grape tomatoes
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. water

Tuscan Chicken Instructions:  Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap and pound to 1/2" thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.  Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add chicken.  Cook 3 mknutes on each side or until golden.  Add tomatoes and cook 4 minutes or until tomato skins pop.  Stir in balsamic vinegar and water.  Cook 4 minutes or until chicken is done and liquid almost evaporates.

Yields: 4 servings (serving size 1 chicken breast half and about 1/3 cup tomato mixture)
Points: 5

238 calories, 5.8 g fat, 40 g protein, 4.4 g protein, 0.9 g fiber, 407 mg sodium, 29 mg calcium


Spinach-Parmesan Fettuccine Ingredients: 

1 (9-oz.) package fresh spinach Fettuccine
1/4 c. (1.3 oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp butter

Spinach-Parmesan Fettucine Instructions:  Cook Fettucine according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.  Drain. Combine the cooked pasta, cheese, and butter and toss well.

Yields: 7 servings (serving size about 1/2 cup)
Points: 3 

157 calories, 5.5 g fat, 6.4 g protein, 20.3 g carbohydrate, 1.2 g fiber, 39 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 93 mg calcium

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...