Thursday, February 20, 2014

Ham and Pea Orzo Salad for 4 Weight Watchers Points



This is one of my favorite dishes that happens to be a good passing dish to take along with you for gatherings.  Nobody even knows it's a Weight Watchers recipe. You can enjoy it warm or cold.

I buy a 32-ounce Jenny O turkey ham and cut it into 4 parts.  I individually freeze the three portions I am not currently using for use at a later time.


Ingredients:

1 cup orzo
2 cups fresh sugar snap peas (I use Frozen Baby Sweet Peas)
1/2 lb. lean ham cut into 1/2" chunks
1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese (I grate my own fresh)
3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
6 Boston lettuce leaves (I never use these and just eat it as a salad as is)

Directions:

Cook the orzo according to package directions adding in the sugar snap peas for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.

Add the ham, tomatoes, onion, parsley, cheese, vinegar, oil, and salt and toss to coat.  Sppon the mixture onto the lettuce leaves.

Yields: 6 servings
Serving Size:  About 8 ounces.

Points: 4 points

Nutritional Information:  204 calories, Total fat 6g, cholesterol 714 mg, sodium 24 g, total carbohydrate 24 g, fiber 3 g, 14g protein, 78 mg calcium

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...