Sunday, January 24, 2016

Taco Rice Salad Recipe for 7 Weight Watchers Points




This was a hit.  Mr. F is in love with this dish and I am completely stuffed.  The recipe called for yellow rice, but we used Tony Chachere's Creole yellow rice dinner mix, as that is all my husband could find.  We are now splitting up the shopping list, which I discuss here (feel free to read if you need a hubby's support).  This is a full-size dinner plate full of yummy.  You can make it as spicy as you like with your choice of picante sauce, but the Creole yellow rice has a little zing to it itself, so keep that in mind.

This recipe has come from the Mix & Match Low-Calorie cookbook that I found at 5 and Below as well, so I'm really liking all of the recipes I've tried so far from it.  It offers breakfast, lunch, dinner, and 2 snack recipes to total under 1,500 calories each day.  It's also online, so to save time I'm sharing a link to the recipe and instructions here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...