Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fab Grab Smoothie Option for Only 3 Weight Watcher Points




I would never pay Full price for this product because I am Frugal, but because they were on sale at my local grocery store for $1.79 each AND I had a coupon for $100 off of 2, I bought 14 of 'em to try out.  Each cost me just $1.29.  It is definitely a time-saver 'cuz there are no glasses or blenders to clean from making my own!

I had originally bought them for my picky daughter because they have some veggies in them and Greek yogurt protein in them, but after I Figured out the points, I knew this could be a Fab Grab item for when I am on the go.  In Fact, I may stop off at grocery stores to buy them with some single-serve apple juice when I'm on long drives and Find myself Feeling snacky, and for the kids too.  We have a long drive coming up soon, so I may try that out.

This particular Blue Power Dole Shaker boasts B6 and B12 and is labeled is a fruit and veggies smoothie with Greek yogurt, blueberry, banana, and red beet.  The back of the container indicates it is all natural fruits and veggies plus Greek yogurt with pre- and probiotics plus 100% DV of vitamins B6, B12, AND folic acid. It says there is 180 calories as prepared and 5 grams of protein.  It also happens to say that satisfaction is guaranteed. There is a little window on the back as well, the bottom of which is the Fill line for an extra thick consistency, and the top of which is the Fill line for a thick consistency.  One cup of apple juice took mine to the thick consistency, the top of that window. 

This particular Dole Shaker is only 3 Weight Watcher points for me, and that includes the 1 cup of apple juice.  It comes out to 1 point for the Shaker and 2 points for the juice.  I had this for a snack option today.  You can use a Few different juices to mix with them too.  The bottle says you can use apple, pineapple, or your Favorite juice. 

They come in many Flavors.  Here is a picture of those I chose to try out in the Future.

 (This is my garage Fridge, so don't judge!)

Update:  I just checked the Peach Mango flavored Shaker.  If the full cup of apple juice was added to it, it would be 4 points total. The Blue Power alone is 1 point, but this peach-mango alone is 2 points.  I'll update with the rest of the points values for the rest of the flavors I have shown.  It's just too cold to go out to the garage fridge this time of night. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...