Monday, March 10, 2014

Balsamic-Parmesan Asparagus for 1 Weight Watchers Point



If you need your veggies to be Flavorful, then this is a good one at only 1 Weight Watchers point per serving!

I, however, have a problem with microwaving my veggies, and I especially have a problem with microwaving anything covered in plastic wrap. Toxic chemicals anybody? I typed the recipe as it appeared, but I prefer to steam my asparagus. To each his own. 

Ingredients:

1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Place asparagus in a microwave-safe dish and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.  Drizzle with vinegar and oil.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese.

Yields: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1/4 of the asparagus
Points: 1

Nutrition:  52 calories, 3.2 g fat, 3.6 g protein, 3.2 g carb, 1.3 g fiber, 6 mg cholesterol, 1.3 mg iron, 248 mg sodium, 90 mg calcium


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...