Thursday, February 26, 2015

Chicken Salad-Arugula Pita Sandwich for only 4 Weight Watchers points

When I'm in a pinch, I think back to what was easy about the NutriSystem plan when I tried that, and the chicken salad pouches that I would add a little more chicken to was one of them. I just counted the extra chicken I added to it as a PowerFuel because it was otherwise a little runny for my taste. 

When I was doing NutriSystem, I would often look at the Food provided and ponder how I never ate the things that they themselves were providing me when I dieted, especially a sweet every single day. But chicken salad sandwiches? I could do that, so I am. I have never eaten sweets every single day, so I'm not doing that, and I'm Fine with that.

Yes, you can use chicken from rotisserie chickens, chicken breasts, roasted chickens, etc., for chicken salad sandwiches but when in a bind and needing to move quickly/short on time, canned chicken works well. I consider a bind the moments when my kids want something other than what I could or should consume myself, so they get their lunch, and I get a low-points-value lunch in a snap.


The canned chicken will tell you there are approximately 2-1/2 servings per can, but when weighing the drained meat alone, I come up with an average of around 2.75 ounces and therefore use the whole can in one single sandwich.

I use about an ounce of diced onion and 0.5 ounces of arugula.  Normally, I wouldn't weigh the arugula and just eyeball the amount I want to put in, but since I'm counting calories via MyFitnessPal, I Figured that all out for 0.5 ounces.  Arugula is 0 points on my Weight Watchers plans though, so eyeballing would be fine too. I just put it all into a container and mix it up like so.



Then I just fill up half of a wheat pita, and voila! Nice, big, Flavorful, and Filling lunch for only 4 Weight Watchers points. Heck, for 4 points, this can serve as a Filling snack as well!



Ingredients:

Half of a 7" wheat pita
5 oz. can of no-salt-added canned chicken breast
2 Tbsp. low-fat mayo
0.5 oz. baby arugula
1 oz. diced onion
salt and pepper to taste

Servings: 1
Points: 4

Nutritional Information (Approximate): 178 calories, 3 g total fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 484 mg sodium, 24.5 g total carb, 1.2 dietary fiber, <3 .3="" 12="" g="" i="" protein="" sugars="">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...