Friday, February 20, 2015

BBQ Chicken Pizza for Only 7 Weight Watchers Points





This pizza can be made for Fewer than 7 points as well, but I went with the maximum I could Fit onto one FlatOut Pizza Thin Crust Flatbread. I also had Rustic White, so I will be checking for a whole wheat or whole grain variety next shopping trip. It also only has approximately 44 mg of cholesterol.

It can be heated any number of ways.  You can follow the package directions on the back of the FlatOut package, or bake for a spell until the cheese slices melt and then broil, or exclusively broil.  I broiled my FlatOut pizza crust until lightly brown on both sides.  You have to watch it very closely. Once turned over, the middle will brown through quite quickly. I burned my first one.

A quick tip for the chicken breast is snagging some when you have a roasted chicken handy from the breast portion without skin.  I buy a roasted chicken each week from my local grocery store to have on hand for myself in a pinch. The kids like the meat in a chicken quesadilla too.

I then put on the BBQ sauce, followed by the chicken, red onion, sliced mushrooms, arugula and cheese slices and broil again, and again watch it very closely. I use a pizza cutter to cut it into 4 pieces, as it's much too large to eat as is.

Here are the ingredients with weights applied to reach 7 points:

1 FlatOut Thin Crust Pizza Flatbread Rustic White
2 Tbsp. Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce
3 oz. cooked chicken breast
1 to 1.5 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 oz. diced red onion
0.5 oz. arugula
3 slices Kraft Slim Cut Mozzarella cheese slices

That's it! It's quite satisfyingly Filling as well!

Servings: 1

Estimated Nutritional Information: Calories 350.5; Fat 9.5 g; Saturated Fat 4 g; Cholesterol 44 mg; Carbs 43.38 g; Fiber 3.63 g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...