Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Diagnosis and The Big O

The big Freakin' Fat O word.  No, not that one. Get yer mind outta the gutter. Obesity. OBESITY. O-B-E-S-I-T-Y. It was listed under the diagnosis section of my doctor's visit today.

Today was my First family medicine doctor visit for a physical in 5 years.  I mentioned in the past, some Female issues I had to Follow-up the last Few years and my back issue, but to see it right there in print. Sigh.





I know my use of the word Fat bothers some people, and while I like to say that I call it 'it as I see it, the word "obese" bothers me.  It brings to mind "beast." It feels like a more shameful word to me for some reason.  It makes me Feel like a glutton, a slouch, a louse, and a Failure.

How does this particular big Fat O word make you Feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...