Sunday, August 3, 2014

Scratch that Week

I was so excited to restart watching my diet, and then I had 3 nephews join my 3 for some cousin Fun for Four days.

I actually Feel like I gained weight and have therefore not weighed myself.  What's the point when you KNOW there's no good news?

I know this wouldn't derail most Folks, but my Family had put Fun on the backburner all summer long to refinish the house for a party I hosted last week.  We haven't really had a summer vacation as a Family, so I Figured let's do some Fun stuff with the extended Family here and really make some memories.  So, that's precisely what we did, but that meant making huge batches of quick things to eat on the run for 8.  I had an assembly line most meals, and these teenage boys ate it as I made it, and if they wanted seconds, then I just kept going, and then we'd jump in the car and do something Fun.  The most "interesting" part was trying to ensure everyone got their teeth brushed and showered with one bathroom.

I won't bore you with what I Fixed, but think hoagies, pizza, etc. I did put salads on the table, and while the Fruits were slightly touched by the kids, the veggies were not.

We had a ball, and I don't regret it, but I wish I was a few pounds lighter a week sooner than starting over tomorrow.  I'll get there. I'm determined to.

One thing I noticed in all this chaos is that my husband took off to go jogging a couple of times.  Isn't that nice how they get to do that?  Why can't I do that?  I don't know.  It started me thinking that while I hate working out in public amongst others and in public gyms, maybe I need to bite the bullet and my hangups about it and just do that.  I can't seem to make that time with all the other demands put upon me. He just takes the time.  I do have to say that if things aren't just so, like the dishes done or the house too messy, I have to hear him sighing.  Don't get me wrong, he's a great husband who does housework, but I have this problem of detecting his Frustrations via those sighs and Feeling badly that he's Frustrated at all, which prevents me from taking that time for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...