Monday, February 8, 2016

Beer-Brined Pork Loin Chops for 7 Weight Watchers points

Mr. F is in love....with these chops.




I got this recipe from a magazine I bought called Grill It by Better Homes and Gardens and here is a link to that recipe.  It doesn't really say what the weight of each chop is, so use your references to figure out your own points based on the ounces you choose to consume.  The 7 points figure above is based on the nutritional info provided at the bottom of the recipe.


I let Mr. F buy the stout (dark beer), and he went with Guiness.  I'm not really a beer gal, so I went with it.  I am very interested in attempting this recipe again with one of the flavored stouts the magazine mentioned.  It says, Strong, dark ales are notable additions to food due to their interesting flavors.  Brewers often add spices, chocolate, or other complex flavors to their ales. Basically, I'm game for experimenting with these interesting variations.  Again, he couldn't say enough about this.  I didn't mind it, but it was a bit more beer-y than I thought it would be.

Here it is brining and grilling, and yes I grilled outside in January:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...