Friday, June 5, 2015

BBQ Chicken Tostadas Weight Watcher Recipe for only 8 points!

I'm pretty sure I got this one out of an old Weight Watchers recipe book that I have in my personal Favorites Folder on a card now.  If you like Flavor...this is a good one for you.  I can seriously just eat the tomato-cilantro-red onion topping by itself.

This is a Family-Friendly meal when you leave off the toppings and serve up with only a thin bean layer, a BBQ chicken layer, and a Monterey Jack cheese layer for little ones. 

Picture sans sour cream and cilantro sprigs (just Forgot)

Today, I hadn't eaten anything all day, so I Figured it would be safe to have two of these for dinner. I only had enough left for two. Today also happened to be our Buffet-Pick-Yer-Poison Day that I talk about here.  Mr. F....what can I tell you about him, other than he can eat whatever the hell he wants and remains thin.  We pulled out the leftover beef taco leftovers, chicken taco leftovers (have both on the same night for a taco night), leftover beef stroganoff, the leftover lone-remaining spicy cod cake, and the supplies for making two of these BBQ chicken tostadas that were going to be for me.  That man ate a big chicken taco, the leftover beef stroganoff, and as I photographed this single tostada in the image above, he grabbed himself the other one! I couldn't even believe my eyes. It's just not fair I tell ya.Oh well, one is actually enough and two would have stuffed me.


Ingredients:

2 lbs. boneless/skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of all Fat and cut into bite size strips
1 cup prepared BBQ sauce
1 (4.5-oz) can chopped mild green chiles, drained
2 tomatoes, seeded and diced (I just dice)
1/2 small red onion, minced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
8 (6") Fat-Free Flour tortillas
1 cup canned Fat-Free refried beans
8 scallions, Finely chopped
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup light sour cream

Instructions:

Combine the chicken, barbecue sauce, and chiles in a large nonstick skillet and bring to a Full boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is tender and cooked through (about 25 minutes). Remove from heat.

Combine the tomatoes, onion, chopped cilantro, garlic, vinegar, oil, and salt in a medium bowl until blended. Set aside.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place the tortillas on the baking sheet. Spread each tortilla with the beans and top with the chicken mixture. Add scallions and cheese to the top.

Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly (about 15 minutes).

Top each tostada with the tomato mixture, sour cream, and cilantro sprigs.

Points: 8 per tostada
Servings: 7

Per Serving:  358 calories, 12 g total fat, 4 g saturated fat, 87 mg cholesterol, 864 mg sodium, 27 g total carbs, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein, and 195 mg calcium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...