Saturday, August 31, 2013

Greek Yogurt w/Fruit on Bottom

I take plain nonfat yogurt and strain it through a coffee filter to make Greek yogurt.  I let it strain overnight.  When finished, I transfer it to a container and scoop out individual servings in about 3 Tbsp. servings.  I add fruit on the bottom, top with 1 Tbsp. of honey, and a pinch of toasted sliced almonds. Delish!

Here is what it looks like once strained, i.e. nice and firm.



I adapted this from a Weight Watcher recipe into single-serving sizes so as to not waste any.  Only 2 of the 5 of us will eat this.

In this situation, I put strawberries and blueberries on the bottom.

(Excuse the mess in the background, my son's bedroom furniture is still in our dining room. We should be finished with his room tonight)

On the old Weight Watchers plan, this works out to 3 points per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken and Lentils in Apple-Curry Sauce

  Make sure you get some good size chicken thighs for this dish because those suckers can shrink up big time, which is why my photo shows...