Friday, May 29, 2015

Eliminate Your Weight Loss Obstacles





If you follow me on Facebook, then you may have seen my recent post about having a problem, or maybe you didn't since I'm not running my page as a business and Facebook only allows a percentage of Followers to see my posts. Anyway, I am a born problem solver. I have no problems whatsoever identifying problems or Finding a solution. In this case, I try to do too much. I'm simply overextended. I CAN do it all and everything I do, I do well. I enjoy the Feeling I get when I see my accomplished task/project/creation.

HOWEVER, in trying to accomplish everything on my to-do list, I have been succeeding only at making small dents in these huge tasks awaiting my attention. As a result, I STILL have all of the tasks to complete, including weight loss, so I am switching gears.

I'm stopping everything and only choosing one task to Focus on at a time. No more pulling out the paint to refinish a piece of Furniture when the getting is good, only to put it away for months at a time when the Fact the basement reorganization/purge begins to weigh heavily on me, or vice versa, etc.  I'm going to take you with me.  I'm going to learn how to use this camera Mr. F bought me for my birthday, put myself out there, and show you how to get 'er done.

This may look really bad to strangers, especially since it gets worse before it gets better, and I am in the middle of the worse phase, but it is what it is, and it needs to all go away.

I don't view the things that derail a person's weight loss efforts as excuses.  I see people with all of their capabilities Facing an obstacle.  It's an obstacle. You, I, and we need to get rid of obstacles.

For example, my personality traits render me a perfectionist, detail-oriented, and thorough.  I don't do anything half-assed. Everything I do also comes with a lot of thought put into it, and probably to my own detriment, but I can't help who I am or what drives me. If I need to empty a space, I don't do it unless I can take it from A to Z. This drives Mr. F crazy. He has NO problem stopping at M with an "I don't know where you want it now." thrown out there.

Mr F, on the other hand, doesn't put a lot of thought into menial details.  He just does things.  He likes to discuss everything he does with me.  What he discusses with me on HIS to-do list, somehow makes me feel like it's also on my to-do list.  It isn't, but that is just what happens. I make a mental note of everything, how is it going to affect everyone, what could go wrong, what do I have to do so he can accomplish this goal of his, how do we live through this project of his, and maybe it does trigger an idea in me to tack onto it. I have tons of ideas. lol As a result, I feel like my to-do list is twice as long as it really is. 

I've said it before....identify and eliminate the obstacles.  Picking away at each large project is not working for me.  It isn't bringing me that sense of satisfaction I get when completing a task.  I'm going to Focus on the basement right now and nothing else.

This past holiday weekend, which we usually spend with Family...well, I called and said we would not be coming this year because I'm reorganizing my basement.  It's a positive First step when you are overextended....buckle down. My kids were very upset about not seeing their cousins. My youngest cried on and off all darned day, despite trying to explain how they can all come at the same time to our house for a whole weekend as soon as this is done.

Well, actually I spent the whole day trying to learn my film-editing software, but that was on my to-do list too.

Here is my first big production, and it is big at around 30 minutes. lol I had to divide it into two parts. I was interrupted countless times. I got a little repetitive because of that, but I'll get better as I go along.

No judging! This is in the sorting/reorganizing phase!

Is there anything you should Face head on that may be holding you back? Share it with me! Don't leave me out here all by my lonesome! Can you Fix something that might make you Feel lighter moving Forward?





No comments:

Post a Comment